Tate Stevens: Debut Spotlight
Tate Stevens’ triumph on Season 2 of “The X Factor” confirms that Country Music is stronger than ever. More important, it heralds the arrival of a performer whose music is in step with what America wants to hear.
On his self-titled upcoming RCA Records debut, Stevens flaunts a raw vocal power. This Missouri native and onetime construction worker has clearly lived the life sings about. When it comes to connecting to the real world of his fans, this ability to project from real experience can’t be learned in a classroom.
Here is the video of Stevens’ winning performance on the X Factor:
Here is the new video of Stevens’ “Holler If You’re With Me”
- Who is your musical hero? - Joe, Joe, Joe Diffie
- What CD is in your stereo? – Randy Houser’s “How Country Feels”
- Who is your dream duet partner? - Trisha Yearwood
- What do you sing in the shower? “I’m Too Sexy”…ha ha!
- What song do you wish you had written? - Ships That Don’t Come In
- What mode of transportation do you prefer/ - pick up truck
- What actor/actress would portray you in a biopic about your life? – It’s a tie between Brad Pitt & Channing Tatum!
- What moment in your life would you relive if you could? - The day both my kids were born
- When they look back on your life in 50 years, what do you hope people say about you? – that I was a good husband & father, and that I made a difference
- If you weren’t a musical artist, what would you be? - Football coach
- What was your greatest performance to date – and why? - All my “X Factor” performances because they got me where I am today.
- What is your favorite food while on the road? - hot tamales
- Where was your first gig? And how did it go? - 1995 at The Red Rover club Clarksville, TN; it went great. I was hooked!
- What are your greatest short- and long-term challenges? Short & long term is the same: building a successful music career
- What can you tell us about yourself that we’d never guess about you? - I’m terrified of spiders of any size.
Stevens’ self-titled debut album is available on iTunes by clicking the album cover below: